With the Maps Migration tool you can migrate your old Gmaps fieldtype field to the new Maps fieldtype field.
Currently, it only supports migration from the old Gmaps to the new Maps module
Make sure your system meets the minimum requirements:
- ExpressionEngine 3.10.x or 4.1.x or 5.x or 6.x or later
- PHP 7.1
- Maps 3.0.3 or higher
- Upload the folders to the right folder according the downloaded ZIP structure
- Install both Maps, Maps Fieldtype and Maps migration
- Go the newly installed Maps module and add your Google API keys if you used them before.
- You can use the same API key for both Geocoding and tiles if you have no restriction.
- -- OR --
- You need the API key that has been restricted to IP for Geocoding
- You need the API key that has been restricted by referrer for the Tiles
- Run the migration and depending on the amount of entries, it takes about a couple of minutes to migrate all the data to the new Module structure.
important: before starting, make sure you make a backup of your old data, in case of failure.
- Bugfix: fieldtype conflicts